GV BG Smiling Face

Friday 10 May 2013

Personal note boards in the last two days

After experimenting with the prototype boards, I am yet not able to produce perfect edges for the boards. However, the results I have achieved will have to suffice predominantly because I feel I have to push forward. The group meeting we were sopposed to have this morning was postponed and moved to Tuesday. My hope was that after the meeting I might have a solution.  Because I have a lot to do by that point, if I am lucky, I will have the boards sprayed but not painted by then. In this way, perhaps I will find a definitive solution to the borders problem either before or during this meeting.



Yesterday, after working with the prototypes, I coated all the boards with an MDF sealer.


Today, I began by masking and spraying (in white) several of the smaller 'use me' boards.


After they dried I made the mistake of removing the masks, forgetting the fact that The white serves only as an initial layer to help the later colour layer to come out.
That meant that I had to re-do those covers later, and this made me decide to start covering all of the boards (except one which I have no table space for) with a masking layer.

at first I cover the text area
 
then cover the entire board with a masking layer and cur it to size, removing the mask from the letters
Then cover the back, but leave the masking tape's fringes as this  makes removing them later easier
So far I have most of the boards masked on the front. I havent completed that entirely but I made my job for monday easier by beginning the process. I made the choice of masking the fronts first because it takes more time then covering the back (which is a relatively quicker job)

The work space as I left it, I plan to get back as early as possible on monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment