GV BG Smiling Face

Friday 26 April 2013

Panic, on the Blackboard

After the crit on monday;
 when it seemed few liked my idea as it is, I took on the advice to try and come up with a series of objects rather than singular set of 'note boards'.

I feel it is important to note at this point - the original boards were made without any prior planning. I have never used them on any project and I made them with no knowledge of this current project. In my opinion they are perfect for this brief, as they challenge the brief, and in the landscape of the pop-up shop I hope that they will show that all the work has thought and surprises in store.

I looked into making notebooks with blackboard covers to be sold side by side with the original boards. This seems complicated... I may have to abandon this direction.

tests I made for the blackboard notebooks

One of my main obstacles is that the degree shows are being built and planned now. This means that use of the CNC machine is prioritised for 3rd year students. I need to have all I need prepared for a swift execution.

sketchbook showing my plannes for board and list of needed materials

At the moment I am contemplating making a blackboard case for chalks alongside the boards. this is still in early planning stage and I hope to work the details out soon.

my in Illustrator based CNC cut plan as it is at the moment 


No comments:

Post a Comment